You may register at our Site and provide personal information, at such times as when you download software, register new products, access product information, features or programs, or sign into a page that requires authorization. This may include your name, email address, physical address, etc. You may also provide demographic information such as your age, education level, household income, and whether you are a personal or business user. You will know what you submit in each case, because you will manually enter the information. If you choose not to register and provide this information, you can still use most of the Site. Unfortunately, you will not be able to access areas that require registration.
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from users under the age of 13. If we are made aware that we have such personal information, we will take reasonable steps to delete that information.
QUANTUM automatically collects on our server logs certain information about your computer hardware and software when you visit our Site. This information may include such things as your IP address, operating system, browser type, domain names, access times, service provider and referring website addresses.
QUANTUM and its third party service providers collect non-personal information about how you use our Site through cookies, Internet tags in the aggregate, and track navigational data. We also collect information such as the URL of the website you previously visited, the pages you visit within our Site and any transaction details (downloads, requests, etc.). You can set your browser to notify you when a cookie is sent or to refuse or delete cookies altogether, but certain features of our Site might not work.
QUANTUM only uses your personal information for the purpose that you provide it to us (e.g., technical support when you provided information for that purpose). QUANTUM uses this information to communicate with you either via the Internet or e-mail. (The only exceptions to this Statement are "service and follow up e-mails" that may notify you about system downtimes, product problems or recalls, password reminder e-mails, and information after you have purchased a product.)
If you submit personal information to any third party websites linked to or from our Site, your information is governed by their privacy statement. QUANTUM encourages you to carefully read the privacy statement of any website you visit.
Use of non-Personal Information
We also use anonymous and aggregated data to create statistics and reports for various business purposes. We may aggregate anonymous data and share the anonymous data with our co-marketing partners in order to offer all our customers potentially desirable products and services as well as to improve our content and services.
QUANTUM will periodically send users e-mail messages about our products and services. We also use tracking pixels to determine, in the aggregate, how many people open our e-mails.
QUANTUM does not share, trade, rent, sell or otherwise disclose our customer or user information to unaffiliated companies. We disclose information you submit only as follows:
- We hire affiliated and unaffiliated service providers to provide service to you. For example, we may use an email service provider to submit email communications to you on our behalf. All service providers are subject to strict confidentiality obligations and process your information only on our behalf and subject to our instructions.
- We may share redacted or anonymized information freely, but only after we redact it to ensure that recipients cannot use the data to identify you or link the data to you.
- We may have to disclose information for purposes of protecting your or our legal rights or as required by law or orders from courts and government entities.
- We may disclose to another business entity should we plan to merge with or be acquired by that business entity; or to any organization involved in a merger, transfer, or sale of our assets or business.
- Before we disclose your personally identifiable data for other reasons, we will first obtain your consent, for example via e-mail, click-through, an online opportunity to opt-out, or otherwise.
- If you post any information in public areas of our Site, such as forums or other areas, it will be available to the public and we may reuse and republish such information at our discretion and in accordance with our
- To protect and defend the rights or property of QUANTUM , including its Site.
In the event that we disclose your personal information as set out above, we will require third party organizations to protect and maintain your information in compliance with our policies.
Except as set forth above, QUANTUM will not disclose your personal information to any third party, including advertisers, without your explicit consent.
You have the ability to direct us to update or delete/deactivate certain information pertaining to you by using any of the methods listed below:
You can also use these vehicles to request removal of your personal information from the blog or community forums on our Site. QUANTUM may not be able to remove some or all of your personal information, in which case we will let you know why. You may stop the delivery of marketing e-mails by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in the email received or at the subscription management page on our Site. QUANTUM will respond to your request to review the information we have on file for you within 30 days from receiving such request.
We provide you the opportunity to “opt-out” of having your personally identifiable information used for certain purposes whenever we ask for this information. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce our agreements.
QUANTUM is committed to the protection of your personal information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures, including SSL encryption, to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure.
QUANTUM will occasionally update this Statement. If there are material changes to this Statement or to how QUANTUM will use your personal information, QUANTUM will prominently post such changes prior to implementing the change. In any case we will not make any changes that are less protective of your personal information collected in the past without your consent.